Assignment: a. Take a good look around Flickr . . . b. Capture a few pictures of something in your school library. Upload these to your Flickr account and tag at least one of the images “School Library learning2.0" and mark it public. Create a post about your photo and experience.When I started in my library, I put a Mr. Potato Head by the circulation desk with a sign "Work in Progress @ Your Library. There were a lot of changes I wanted to make and Mr. Potato Head was my billboard to announce that. In the few years that I've been in charge, both the LMC and Mr. Potato Head have undergone changes. So far, the changes to Mr. Potato Head have been drama-free and just plain fun. (Mostly, that's what the changes have been like for the LMC, but not always.)
I like Flickr's use of tags to help search and find images. I looked at 200-some of the more-than-2000 images of Mr. Potato Head. I was surprised that in the 200-some pics of Mr. Potato Head that I saw, none (NOT ONE) had him with books. I have always thought of Mr. Potato Head as a reader. One of my Media Center Club students and I took pictures of Mr. Potato Head in various places around the LMC. We printed them and created a bulletin board, "VOTE for best costume" on Halloween (today). It was fun for all. I created a set of Mr. Potato Heads to Flickr. Then I learned about the "blogit" tool in flickr. I thought, This is how I can get pictures inside my posts and keep the image from covering up the script! It didn't work! :-( But then I finally paid attention to the tool bar at the top of the Compose portion of blogger. AHA!!! I'm mostly happy now, except I'm afraid that Mr. Potato Head is probably a better reader than I am.


No comments:
Post a Comment