Assignment: Explore Flickr mashups and 3rd party tools . . . Create a blog post about one . . .
I liked the curriculum connection to use flickrtoys/trading cards to make vocabulary cards or book talk cards. I want to try a Literacy Carnival and thought maybe to create sets of teacher "Superhero" Trading Cards to give as collectibles/prizes at certain of the game sites. I created a Trading Card for myself. It took me awhile to come up with ideas for superhero skills and I don't have any good pictures for this. I mostly "borrowed" the skills from others' cards. And, I never figured out what the icons that we're allowed to choose actually mean. I think I need to hang out with someone who actually collects real Trading Cards. But making the card was fun. I've posted it down on the right side of the blog under the "about me" section. I shared the Superhero Trading Card idea with my library's secretary. She's thinking about it.
I like the idea of mappr and mapmaker and groups. I think there are a number of faculty/staff who would enjoy joining a group and adding some of their vacation pictures for use in classrooms.
I sent an email to my tech people ten days ago asking how to open these mashups for student use, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I shared the lolcat generater with my Media Center Club students. They're still printing posters from that site.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment