Thursday, October 16, 2008

WEEK 1 -- THING 2

7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners was well done -- very well done -- but too slow for me. I guess I was expecting something more perky, instead of something so calm. I recognized my attitude as "OK, let's get this done." The easiest habit for me will be #7 1/2 -- Play! I'm ready for that and looking forward to it. The biggest obstacle for me will be the time factor. Hopefully, any "problems" I encounter will be balanced by the fun I have with the play time. The first "problem/challenge" I encountered was opening the learning contract discussed at the end of 7 1/2 Habits. I never figured out the solution on my school computer (DELL). On my home machine (iMAC) I figured out that the problem was "pop-ups not permitted" so I overruled that obstacle and it worked. I've recognized that problem on the Dells at school before, but not this time.

No comments: